Why did I lose my connection when I set up a remote printer?
Some printers require a host computer reboot upon setup. This requires that the GoToMyPC startup preference is set to begin automatically.
Before you begin setting up remote printing, make sure GoToMyPC will start up automatically.
1. Right-click the icon in the system tray of your host PC and select Preferences > Host.
2. Under Start GoToMyPC, check Automatically.
If your preference was set to start GoToMyPC manually and the printer you were setting up required a reboot, your connection will have been lost and the printer installation will have to be repeated. You must physically go to your host computer and reboot. Follow the instructions below:
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
2. Right-click the printer you were enabling and select Remove Device.
3. Restart the printer setup process.