The File Sync feature enables Windows PC users to easily synchronize a folder's content between the host and client computers.
File Sync is bi-directional, meaning files are transferred in either direction until both sides match. When files with the same name exist on both ends, you have the option to copy the newer file, copy the older file or skip the file.
This feature is not available for Mac computers.
To synchronize folders
1. From the Viewer menu bar, select Tools and then Transfer or Sync Files.
Click the File Transfer button in the upper right-hand corner of the Viewer window.
The File Transfer and Sync window opens. The files from your remote computer (host) are displayed in the left pane and files from your local computer (client) are displayed in the right.
2. In the Host pane, browse to the folder you want to sync. Repeat in the Client pane.
3. Click Sync Views. The File Transfer and Sync window opens.
4. Indicate how you prefer GoToMyPC to handle different files with the same name and click Continue to begin synchronization.
Repeat a Recent File Sync
The Repeat a Recent File Sync shortcut displays a list of the last 3 file syncs, which saves you the step of navigating to the individual folders on your host and client computers.
To repeat a recent file sync
1. From the Viewer menu bar, choose Tools and then Repeat a Recent File Sync.
2. Select a folder pair from the 3 most recent file syncs.
3. Confirm the folder locations and indicate how you prefer GoToMyPC to handle different files with the same name.
4. Click Continue to begin synchronization.