How do I log in to my account?
When you create a new GoToMyPC account, you can use your email address and password to access the application across all devices. GoToMyPC account users are either logging in using either their member account or manager account.
Log in to your account
1. Go to www.gotomypc.com and enter your credentials (email address and password).
2. To connect to the host computer, select Connect. Depending on how many accounts you are connected to, you may have to select a specific account before being able to connect to a host computer.
Forgot your account password?
Your account password is what you use to log in to the GoToMyPC website. If you ever forget your account password, you can quickly create a new one by following the steps described here.
To create a new account password, you can follow these steps:
1. Go to the Forgot Password page.
2. Enter the email address that was used to create your account and click Continue. You will receive a "GoToMyPC Password Support" email with instructions for creating a new password. An email will also be sent to your alternate email address, if there are any saved in your account.
Note: If the email account is accessible only from the host computer you are trying to connect to, you will need to physically be present at the host computer. If this is not possible, please contact Global Customer Support.
3. Open the email and click on the given link to reset your password. Please note that each time you request a new account password, the previous password link becomes invalid. If you entered your email multiple times, you will receive multiple emails from GoToMyPC. In order to reset your account password properly, you must use the link provided in the most recent email from email@example.com.
Note: If you did not receive an email, please check your Spam/Junk folder.
4. From the Create your new password page, you can enter your new account password and select Continue.
Note: New password requirements include 8-12 characters, at least one number (from 0-9), at least one upper case character (A-Z), at least one lower case character (a-z), and at least one special character (!'#$%&, etc.). For maximum security, you cannot reuse the last 5 passwords on your GoToMyPC account.
To add an alternate email address to your account, you can do so in your user information page.
Go to www.GoToMyPC.com and select My Account
2. On the User Information page, enter an alternate email in the Alternate Email field and select Save.
Forgot your Windows access code?
Your access code resides only on your host PC and is never transmitted over the Internet. It is a critical component in the encryption key that is used to keep your host computer secure. For security reasons, GoToMyPC does not have a record of your access code and has no way to provide it to you if you forget it while traveling. Because it cannot be emailed, you must be physically present at the host PC to create a new access code.
You can easily create a new access code to connect to a Windows computer.
1. Connect to your Windows host computer. If you do not remember your access code, you must be physically by your host computer.
2. Select the GoToMyPC icon in the system tray and select Change Access Code.
Note: You may have to select the Arrow icon to load hidden icons.
3. Enter your GoToMyPC account credentials (i.e., email address and account password) and click Next.
4. In the Change Access Code window, enter a new access code, confirm and click OK.
Forgot your Mac access code?
Your access code resides only on your host Mac and is never transmitted over the Internet. It is a critical component in the encryption key that is used to keep your host computer secure. For security reasons, GoToMyPC does not have a record of your access code and has no way to provide it to you if you forget it while traveling. Because it cannot be emailed, you must be physically present at the host Mac to create a new access code.
You can easily create a new access code to connect to your Mac host computer.
1. Connect to your Mac host computer. If you do not remember your access code, you must be physically by your host computer.
2. Select the GoToMyPC icon in the menu bar, and then select Change Access Code...
3. Select the Forgot your access code? link.
4. Enter your GoToMyPC account credentials (i.e., email address and password) and click OK.
5. On the Change Access Code window, enter your new access code, confirm and click OK.
Why are we lost?
There are occasions when the GoToMyPC authentication service cannot tell where you intended to go. This can happen, for instance, if you are already logged in and attempt to log in again. The page, You're not lost - we're lost, provides links to GoToMyPC product accounts. If you do not have one of the products and click on the link, you are offered the opportunity to start a Trial account.
This document has been composed with the free HTML edior. Click here to give it a try.