How do I install a host computer on Windows?
When you add a new host computer to your account, you will also install the GoToMyPC desktop app onto the same computer..
Step 1 — Install GoToMyPC
- From the computer you wish to install GoToMyPC, log in at https://www.gotomypc.com/members/login.tmpl.
- Click + Add This Computer towards the bottom.
- Click Install GoToMyPC. The "gotosetup.exe" file will download.
- Open the "gotosetup.exe" file and follow the prompts.
- When prompted by the User Account Control, click Yes to launch the GoToMyPC Installer window.
- Click Next and wait for the installation to complete.
- You've successfully installed GoToMyPC!
Step 2 — Register your host computer with your GoToMyPC account information
- From the "Enter Account Information" window*, enter your GoToMyPC account email adddress and password. Click Next.
- Create a nickname for the host computer, and then click Next.
- Create an access code for this host computer, and then click Next.
- You have successfully registered your host computer! That computer will now be listed on your My Computers list.
* If you accidentally closed the "Enter Account Information" window, you can access it at any time by right-clicking on the GoToMyPC icon in your computer's system tray and clicking Register Computer.