The Guest Invite feature is only available from PC to PC.
To invite a guest to your host PC
1. Right-click the system tray icon and select Invite Guest to PC.
2. Type in the email address of the guest you want to invite.
3. Add to or customize the message that will be sent to your guest (optional).
4. From the drop-down menu, select the time when the invitation will expire.
5. Click Send.
6. When prompted, enter the email address and password you use to log in to GoToMyPC.
7. Click OK. Your invitation is sent to your guest via email.
8. Click OK to close the send notification.
To accept the invitation, your guest will need to click the activation link included in the invitation email. If your guest accepts within the time you allotted, you receive a Guest Arrived notice.
To connect with the guest on your host PC
- In the Guest Arrived window, select whether to give your guest view-only access or full remote-control access to your computer.
- If you do not want your guest to hear the sound on your PC, uncheck the Sound box.
- Click OK.
A chat box appears on your desktop, and your guest can now view your desktop through a Viewer window on his or her desktop.
You may change your guest's access or disconnect the session at any time.
To modify guest access from your host PC
- Right-click the system tray icon and select Guest Connected.
- Select the desired level of access or disconnect the session.
The Chat feature enables you to communicate with a guest you have invited to your computer. Simply enter your message into the text-entry field and click Send or press the Enter key on your keyboard. The chat dialog is automatically displayed once your guest connects.
To open a Chat dialog
- From the Viewer window menu bar, select Tools, and then Chat.
The chat box will appear on both your desktop and your guest's.
To end Chat
- Click in the upper-right corner of the chat dialog.
The Drawing Tools feature enables you and your guest to draw or highlight on the screen for greater communication.
To use a drawing tool
1. From your PC, right-click the icon in the system tray and select Drawing Tools. Your guest can also access drawing tools from his or her Viewer window by clicking the Drawing Tools button in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Select your desired tool and click and drag to draw on the screen.
To erase drawings
- With one of the drawing tools enabled, right-click the screen and select Erase All Drawings. This will erase your drawings but keep you in the drawing mode.
To end drawing mode
- Press the Escape key or right-click the screen and select Mouse Pointer from the Drawing Tools menu.
Using the Transfer Files feature, you can transfer files from your computer to a specific folder or location on your guest’s computer.
To transfer files between your computer and your guest's computer
1. In the Viewer menu, select Tools and then Transfer or Sync Files.
- Click the File Transfer button in the upper-right corner of the Viewer window .
The File Transfer and Sync window opens. Files on your computer (host) are displayed in the left pane, and files on your guest's computer (client) are displayed in the right pane.
2. Browse to the folder on your guest's computer where you want to store the transferred files.
3. Select the file or folder you wish to send and click Transfer File. You can also drag and drop the desired files across the computers.
The File Sync feature enables PC users to easily synchronize a folder's content between your computer and your guest’s while in-session.
To synchronize folders
1. In the Viewer menu, click Tools and select Transfer or Sync Files.
- Click the File Transfer shortcut button in the upper-right corner of the Viewer window
The File Transfer and Sync window opens. Files on your computer (host) are displayed in the left pane, and files on the guest's computer (client) files are displayed in the right pane.
2. In the Host pane, browse to the folder you want to sync. Repeat in the Client pane.
3. Click Sync Views. The File Sync window opens.
4. Indicate how you'd prefer GoToMyPC to handle different files with the same name and click Continue to begin synchronization.