How do I invite guests?
The Guest Invite feature enables PC users to invite other PC users to view the host computer's desktop. This feature can only be used while you are physically present at your host PC.
The Guest Invite feature is only available from PC to PC.
To invite a guest to your host PC
1. Right-click the system tray icon and select Invite Guest to PC.
2. Type in the email address of the guest you want to invite.
3. Add to or customize the message that will be sent to your guest (optional).
4. From the drop-down menu, select the time when the invitation will expire.
5. Click Send.
6. When prompted, enter the email address and password you use to log in to GoToMyPC
Note: You must be at your host PC to invite a guest to connect to it. After you send an invitation, you can check the time left on the invitation or cancel it by right-clicking the system tray icon and selecting Guest Invited. Invited guests will not be able to accept invitations from the Mac Viewer.
Connect to an Invited Guest
To accept the invitation, your guest will need to click the activation link included in the invitation email. If your guest accepts within the time you allotted, you receive a Guest Arrived notice.
To connect with the guest on your host PC
- In the Guest Arrived window, select whether to give your guest view-only access or full remote-control access to your computer.
- If you do not want your guest to hear the sound on your PC, uncheck the Sound box.
- Click OK.
A chat box appears on your desktop, and your guest can now view your desktop through a Viewer window on his or her desktop.
Change Guest Access
You may change your guest's access or disconnect the session at any time.
To modify guest access from your host PC
- Right-click the system tray icon and select Guest Connected.
- Select the desired level of access or disconnect the session.