If you see a "Communicating with server..." message or a GoToMyPC icon with a red X , you are experiencing a connection issues. Read through these troubleshooting tips to test your GoToMyPC connection or resolve any connection issues.
- Run a Connection Test — The Connection Test checks to see if your GoToMyPC app is able to communicate with our servers.
- Make sure that firewalls or other types of security software are not blocking GoToMyPC — The firewalls and other security software may prevent GoToMyPC from successfully connecting to your host computer. Firewalls could also interfere during communication streaming, causing it to fail. Learn more about configuring your security software to work with GoToMyPC.
- Run the GoToMyPC Connection Wizard — The GoToMyPC Connection Wizard may be able to resolve the issue and improve performance by locating and storing optimal connection settings to our data servers.
- Make sure that both your client and host computers meet our minimum internet connection requirements — Satellite, dial-up and other non-broadband internet connections do not meet our recommended connection requirements. Users with these kinds of connections may have difficulty connecting to computers through GoToMyPC.
- Make sure you have your correct login credentials for network authentication — You will be asked to provide internet access authentication if there are network restrictions specific to your location. Typically, GoToMyPC will be able to do this for you, but sometimes you may be prompted to enter this information yourself. Because this is a network issue and not associated with the GoToMyPC app, you should contact your network administrator for assistance.