Why am I getting an "invalid email address or password" error message?
Do you see this error message when you are trying to log in? "Please try again. The email address or password you provided is not correct."
There are a few different things that might be causing this.
You might be entering the wrong password.
If you are positive that you're using the right email address, it's possible that you are entering the wrong password.
- Make sure your keyboard's Caps Lock or Num Lock isn't on.
- Try typing the password somewhere else where it is visible (such as Notepad or a Word Document), then copy/paste into the password field once you are positive that there are no typos.
- Try resetting your password.
You might be entering the wrong email address.
When you enter an email address on the Reset Password page, GoToMeeting will show you the confirmation page regardless of whether you entered the right email address or not. To protect your account's security, we cannot confirm whether or not the email address you entered is registered with our system.
- Try using another email address that the account might have been created under.
- Contact Customer Care to have them help you identify which email address is actually associated with your account.
- New accounts may initially work since you are automatically logged in, but you may later find that you cannot log in because there was a typo in the email address used at sign up. Customer Care can verify the correct email address was used.
- If additional users have been allowed to access the account, they may have changed the login information on the account, including both the password and email. Customer Care may be able to find the account by the associated credit card number on file if no account is found.
The account might be suspended.
It's possible that your account was suspended or deleted by another administrator on the account.
- Contact Customer Care to have them verify whether the account is active.
You might not have a LogMeIn account at all.
If you were invited to attend a meeting by another person, then you do not need a LogMeIn account and are not required to log in. See Why am I being asked to log in? for more details.
If you landed on the "Waiting for Organizer" screen but then clicked start the meeting, GoToMeeting will prompt you to log in. However, that link is meant for the person who scheduled the meeting (i.e., the organizer) to actually start the session. Since you are not the person who scheduled the meeting, you don't need to do anything once you reach this screen; just sit tight and wait for the organizer to join! Learn more.