Manage Attendees (Desktop App)
The Attendees pane displays a list of all the participants in a session.
Topics in this article:
The Attendees pane uses icons to describe the status of the attendees in your session.
Individual is connected via VoIP and unmuted Individual is connected via VoIP and has muted themselves Individual is connected via VoIP and muted by organizer Individual is attempting to connect via VoIP Individual is connected via phone and unmuted Individual is connected via phone and has muted themselves Individual is connected via phone and muted by organizer Individual is attempting to connect via phone or they are connected but have not yet entered their audio PIN
Individual is the current Presenter Individual has been given access to keyboard and mouse control Individual is currently controlling the keyboard and mouse Individual has a webcam connected (but is not sharing it) Individual is sharing their webcam Individual has been given access to drawing tools
- To mute or unmute a single attendee, click the Audio icon next to their name. Blue icons represent unmuted attendees, while orange icons represent attendees who have been muted by the organizer.
- To mute or unmute all attendees, click the Mute All or Unmute All icons at the bottom of the Attendees pane.
- To help self-muted attendees unmute themselves,, you can send an "unmute request". To do so, select the Arrow icon next to the attendee's name you wish to unmute and select Send unmute request. This attendee will then see a "Do you want to unmute?" message, allowing them to choose to unmute or stay muted.
Note: You can only send this request to attendees joined on the desktop app or via the Web App.
The presenter has the ability to share their screen with other attendees during a session. As an organizer, you can make another attendee the presenter at any time (which does not cause them to automatically become an organizer). The Presenter will then be able to make anyone else a presenter after them. See Change Presenter (Desktop App) for more information.
Co-organizers are individuals who have access to the same organizer tools and features during a meetingthat you do, and can help you facilitate your sessions or even start it on your behalf. You can either add co-organizers before a session or promote them to organizer during a session.
See Add Co-Organizers (Desktop App) for more information.
When you are Presenter, you can grant other attendees shared control of your keyboard and mouse. This allows them to move the mouse about your shared screen and use their own keyboard to type on it, which can aid in collaboration. Of course, your mouse always has priority. You can always override another attendees' mouse movements to temporarily regain control without removing their access. See Give Keyboard and Mouse Control (Desktop App) for more information.
- To request that an attendee start sharing their webcam, right-click their name in the Attendee list and select Send Webcam Request. The attendee will be prompted to share their webcam (they can click Share My Webcam or Not Right Now).
- To stop sharing an attendee's webcam, right click their name in the Attendee list and select Stop Webcam Sharing.
If desired, you can hide the Attendee list and/or disable chat for some attendees (both are enabled by default).
- To do so, right-click their name in the Attendee pane and select Allow Attendee List and/or Allow Chat. A Checkmark icon will be displayed next to the selection when it is enabled, and will disappear when one or more panes are disabled.
You can remove an attendee from a session by dismissing them. They will then automatically leave the session and be notified that they were excused.
1. In the Attendees pane, right-click the desired attendee's name.
2. Select Dismiss <attendee name>.
3. Click Yes when prompted.