Update the Active Directory Connector
The Active Directory Connector (ADC) receives Active Directory user updates and automatically makes the same changes in your LogMeIn account. Depending on whether you are updating the ADC from v1 or you have ADC v2 installed and are updating to the latest version, the instructions below will vary.
Topics in this article:
To update from Active Directory Connector v1 to the Active Directory Connector v2, do the following:
- Run a User Status report and save it.
- Uninstall your current version of ADC v1. This is required.
- Once uninstalled, open your Windows Registry Editor (regedit.exe) and confirm if you can navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\ADCv2. If this registry location exists, delete all registry keys within this location, then close the Registry Editor.
- Download and unzip the ActiveDirectoryConnector.zip file, which contains the ADCSSetup.msi and setup.exe files.
- Run the Active Directory Connector Setup.exe file.
- If prompted by User Account Control, click Yes to continue.
- When the installer launches, click Next > Finish to complete the upgrade.
- You can now configure the ADC.
You can choose to enable automatic updates to allow the ADC service to install the newest versions as they become available. Additionally, you can initiate an automatic update, or choose to manually install ADC updates at your convenience.
To enable automatic updates, do the following:
Check the box to enable the "Automatically install new versions of the Active Directory Connector" option, then click Save. Once this option is enabled, the ADC initiates new updates as they become available by stopping the service, upgrading to the latest version, then restarting the service automatically without requiring user action.
To initiate an automatic update, do the following:
Click Update to <version> in the lower left corner to begin installing the latest version, which will stop the service, exit the application, install the update, then relaunch the application and restart the service automatically.
Not seeing this option?
If you don't see the Update to <version> hyperlink in the lower left corner, it means 1 of the following:
- You already have the latest version of ADC v2 installed.
- You are running an older build of the ADC v2 software (ADC v22.214.171.1246 or earlier) that did not include this feature, and you can update manually to the latest version using the steps below.
To update manually, do the following:
- Click Stop to stop the service.
- Exit the application.
- Install the latest version (for detailed steps, see Install Active Directory Connector v2).
- Once the installation is complete, click Change user in the "LogMeIn permissions" section, then sign in once again with your LogMeIn admin account (with Organization Admin role enabled), and click Allow to grant access to the service. This is required.
If you choose to uninstall your current version first, you will be required to log in with the Windows user and LogMeIn account admin (with Organization Admin role enabled) account credentials after installation.
Steps for setting up the Active Directory Connector v2 and managing users in User Sync:
- Review the Active Directory Connector v2
- Review the Active Directory Connector v2 requirements
- Set up an organization
- Install the ADC v2
- Configure the ADC v2
- Run the ADC v2
- Manage custom attributes (optional)
- Manage User Sync rules
- Update the ADC v2 to the latest version (if applicable)
- Troubleshoot the ADC v2 (if needed)