Start a Scheduled Meeting
You can easily start your scheduled meeting in several ways. Keep in mind that you can start sessions at any time and as many times as you'd like, making it easy to practice ahead of time!
Check out the training videos for Windows and Mac to learn more about how to control your audio, share your screen, and use other features during a meeting. Also see the Scheduling FAQs for more information.
1. Log in to your account online.
2. On the My Meetings page, click Start next to the session you wish to begin.
3. The GoToMeeting desktop application will automatically launch you into session.
See Using the Control Panel (Windows and Mac) for information about the features and tools available to you while in a session. For help with downloading the desktop app, see Steps for Installing on Windows or Steps for Installing on Macs.
If you already have the desktop app installed, you can start the session directly from it.
- Access the desktop app menu as follows:
- If it is not currently running, locate the application on your computer and open it.
- If it is already running, right-click the daisy icon in the system tray (Windows) or toolbar (Mac).
- Click My Meetings.
- The My Meetings window will launch. Select the session you wish to begin, then click Start.
See Using the Control Panel (Windows and Mac) for information about the features and tools available to you while in a session.
Start a session from the Join URL
- If you have the Join URL on hand (such as in an email reminder ), you can simply click it to automatically launch the session.
- If prompted, log in with your email and password. Note that if you are not already logged in, you may need to click start the meeting in the Hallway ("Waiting for Organizer" screen) to launch the log in window.
Start a scheduled meeting from Microsoft Outlook
Note: This method is only available if you are using the Microsoft Outlook Plugin.
- Open the desired appointment on your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click Start Meeting.
Start a scheduled meeting from Google Calendar
Note: This method is only available if you are using the Google Calendar extension.
- In Google Calendar, open the meeting you want to start.
- Click Start Meeting.