Set Up a GoToConference System
GoToConference is an all-in-one hardware system that lets you set up a small to mid-sized conference room to be ready to join and host meetings in an instant. Once you've receive your GoToConference on-boarding kit, learn how to quickly and easily set up the system below. Learn more about GoToConference.
Unpack your equipment
First, gather all of the items needed to set up your system. This includes the equipment in your on-boarding kit, as well as some additional items that you will need to obtain yourself.
Items included in the GoToConference on-boarding kit:
- Revolabs FLX™ UC 500 audio device to connect to VOIP audio
- Includes a USB cable and power cable
- ASUS Chromebox M004U computer to run or join the GoToMeeting session
- Specially configured for GoToConference
- Includes a power cable and mounting kit
- Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 Plus to enter the Meeting ID and participate in chat
- Includes a USB dongle
- Logitech C930e webcam to broadcast the room to other attendees
Additional required items that are not included in the kit:
- Display screen (monitor or television)
- Internet access (not WiFi), including local area network (LAN) access if applicable
- Ethernet cable*
- HDMI or DisplayPort cable
* Note that the GoToConference setup is recommended for use with an Ethernet (i.e., hard-wired) internet connection. For optimal performance, it should not be set up using a WiFi network connection.
Set up your equipment
(a) ASUS Chromebox M004U
1. If desired, use the mounting kit to mount the Chromebox to the wall or behind the display screen.
2. Use the power cable to plug in the Chromebox to a power outlet.
3. Use the Ethernet cable to plug the Chromebox into an Ethernet port in the wall.
4. Use the HDMI or DisplayPort cable to connect the Chromebox with the display screen.
5. Turn on the Chromebox.
(b) Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 Plus
1. Plug the USB dongle that came with the keyboard into the Chromebox.
2. Remove the battery protective sticker from the back of the keyboard.
(c) Logitech C930e webcam
1. Plug the webcam into the Chromebox using the attached USB cable.
2. Arrange the webcam in the desired location, ideally in a place that gives other attendees the widest view of the room. On top of the display screen is recommended.
(d) Revolabs FLX™ UC 500
1. Use the power cable to plug the Revolabs device into a power outlet.
2. Use the provided USB cable to connect the Revolabs device with the Chromebox.
3. Place the Revolabs device in the desired position, ideally in the center of the conference table. It has 4 microphones around the base of the system, so this placement will allow it to pick up audio all around the table.