Send Chat Messages (Desktop App)
You can exchange instant chat messages with other participants during a session. If desired, organizers can save a chat log after the session ends to review messages later.
- Click the Chat icon in the top toolbar.
- Use the "Send to" drop-down menu to select the recipients of the message.
- Everyone – All participants will see the message in their Chat pane.
- Organizer(s) only – All organizers will see the message in their Chat pane.
- Individual attendee – Only the selected organizer or attendee will receive the private message.
- Type your message in the text field, then click Send
You can save a log of the Chat messages as a Rich Text file (.RTF). The Chat log will only include messages that you saw – any private message sent between other attendees will not be included.
Note: This feature is available to organizers and co-organizers only.
- Click GoToMeeting in the window toolbar and Save Chat Log.
- Select a location on your computer and change the name if desired.
- Click Save.