Send Chat Messages (Desktop App)
You can exchange instant chat messages with other participants during a session.
If desired, organizers can save a Chat log after the session ends to review messages later.
Topics in this article:
1. Use the "To" drop-down menu to select the recipients of the message: "Everyone", "Organizer(s) only" or an individual attendee.
- Everyone – All participants will see the message in their Chat pane.
- Organizer(s) only – All organizers will see the message in their Chat pane.
- Individual participant – Only the selected organizer or attendee will receive the private message.
2. Type your message in the text field, then click Send.
You can set up a chat message to be automatically send to each attendee as they join the session.
1. In the Chat pane, click the Options icon .
2. Enable the "When attendees arrive, show them this chat message" check box.
3. Enter you message, then click OK.
4. Attendees will see the message in their Chat pane as soon as they join.
You can save a log of the Chat messages as a Rich Text file (.RTF). The Chat log will only include messages that you saw; any private message sent between other attendees will not be included.
1. Click GoToMeeting in the top navigation and select Save Chat Log.
2. Select a location on your computer, and change the default name (if desired).
3. Click Save.