Schedule from the Desktop App
As an organizer, you have many options for scheduling your meeting. Below you can learn how to schedule directly from the GoToMeeting software on your computer.
Downloading the desktop app is available on paid plans only. Learn more.
1. Access the desktop app menu as follows:
- If it is not currently running, locate the application on your computer and open it.
- If it is already running, right-click the daisy icon in the system tray (Windows) or toolbar (Mac).
2. Select Schedule a Meeting.
3. Use the Schedule a Meeting window to specify the details of your new meeting, as follows:
- (a) Meeting name – Enter a title for the meeting.
(b) Recurrence – How often do you want your meeting to occur? Select which type of meeting you want to schedule using the drop-down menu. Learn more.
- Occurs once – This will create a one-time meeting with a set date and time.
- Occurs multiple times – This will create a recurring meeting, which has no date and time and never expires.
(c) Date/Time – Select the date and time of the meeting (note that this option will not be available if you selected "Occurs multiple times").
(d) Timezone – The meeting timezone will automatically set to your computer's timezone. You can click the link if you'd like to change it (note that this option will not be available if you selected "Occurs multiple times").
(e) Audio tab – Select which audio options should be available to attendees during the session. To add more international long-distance (toll) and/or toll-free numbers, click Edit countries to choose more countries. Learn more.
(f) Co-organizers tab – If desired, enter the name or email address of attendees whom you would like to become co-organizers of the meeting.
(g) Password tab – As an organizer, you can choose to password-protect your meetings. Once password-protected, your attendees will need to enter a secret password of your choosing to join the meeting. Note that only local recording is available for password-protected meetings. Learn more.
4. Click Save when finished. The new meeting will immediately be available from the desktop app's My Meeting's screen, as well as the My Meeting page online.
5. If you integrated GoToMeeting with an email client (like Outlook), a meeting invitation will pop up. You can use it to invite attendees to your meeting. If you want to remind attendees of a recurring meeting, click Recurrence in your Outlook invitation email, or choose another calendar to remind attendees.