Manage Your View of Webcams (Desktop App)
Because up to 25 different webcams can be shared during a session, your screen may start to look busy. Here are some ways to manage webcam views to free up some screen space and help you focus on the presentation.
When multiple attendees are sharing their webcams, if desired you can choose to see only the Presenter's webcam or the webcam of the person currently speaking.
- Select theWebcam filter drop-down options in the Viewer, then select View who's talking or View presenter.
When you "undock" webcams, the webcams will split off into a separate Viewer window, which is helpful for those using a multi-monitor setup. Please note that this feature is only available when the app recognizes multiple monitors.
- Select the Use two screens icon in the Viewer, or select Undock webcams in the Webcams drop-down menu.
- Select the More icon in the Control Panel and select Undock webcams (Windows).
If you want to free up some space on your screen, you can move the webcam display or hide the shared webcams. Note that hiding webcams does not pause or stop webcam sharing; it simply hides the webcams currently being shared so that they do not take up space in the Viewer. Keep in mind that if you are sharing your webcam and then hide webcams, other attendees will still be able to see you. You can choose to hide all webcams, or only hide your own.
You can hide or move webcams in either of the following ways:
- On the Webcam tab, click the More icon (Windows) and Webcams drop-down menu (Mac) and select Hide All Webcams or Hide My Webcam.
- In the Viewer, click the Webcams drop-down menu and select Hide All Webcams or Hide My Webcam.
- The "Top", "Left", "Bottom" and "Right" will move the webcam around the other shared content in the Viewer Window.
Use the same process and select Show All Webcams or Show My Webcam to display them again.