Feature Overview: Call Me
Call Me is one of GoToMeeting's phone audio options and is the easiest way for you and your attendees to join the audio conference of a GoToMeeting session via telephone. Powered by the OpenVoice Integrated add on, Call Me is a customer favorite for participants who wish to connect via telephone because it allows you to simply enter your phone number and wait for the phone to ring. No access codes, no Audio PIN – just answer the phone and press #!
Call Me, along with toll-free phone numbers, are optional features for GoToMeeting that come included with the OpenVoice Integrated plan add-on. There is no cost to enable either feature. Instead, charges are billed on a per-minute, per-caller rate that is the same for both services.
Topics in this article:
Call Me is supported for phones based in the following countries. No matter where a user is traveling, they can simply enter their phone number in a Call Me supported meeting and GoToMeeting will call them.
- Costa Rica
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United States
Using Call Me is as easy as 1 - 2 - 3! You can also see more detailed instructions and images below.
1 – Select Phone call and open the Call Me tab.
2 – Enter your phone number and click Call Me.
3 – When it rings, answer your phone and press #.
Note that attendees will join muted. To unmute, press *6.
For any meeting in which Call Me is enabled, all participants will see slightly different Audio options.
1. Access the Call me tab as follows:
- Before the meeting starts, click Phone call in the "Choose an audio option" window.
- Once the meeting is in session, expand the Audio pane and select Phone call.
2. Click the Call me tab.
3. Enter your phone number (including area code) in the text field. Use the Flag drop-down menu to select which country the phone number is in.
4. Click Call me to continue and your telephone will ring within a few seconds. If the meeting hasn't started yet, then you will receive the call once the organizer begins it.
5. Answer the phone, then follow the prompts to easily connect to the audio conference.
Note that attendees will join muted. To unmute, press *6.
Desktop app (pre-session)
Windows Desktop app (in session)
Mac Desktop app (in session)
Web App (Google Chrome only)
As an organizer, you can choose whether Call Me is available as an option for you and your attendees in any given meeting. You can change your default audio settings for all future meetings, as well as the settings for any individual meeting.
Keep in mind that if you choose to only enable Call Me for a particular meeting (i.e., you disable VoIP, Long distance and Toll-Free), your attendees will need to have access to both a computer and a telephone in order to successfully join. They will not be able to connect to audio in a Call Me-only session if they join using the mobile apps at this time.
- To enable/disable Call me in your default audio settings, log in to your Settings page and use the "Call me" check box in the Audio section.
Note: When Call Me is enabled, all available countries are also enabled by default. To edit the countries you'd like to provide, select Edit and then Done. Learn more about editing your default audio settings.
- To enable/disable Call me for a specific meeting, use the "Call me" check box on the meeting's audio tab. Learn more about scheduling or editing meetings.
How much does Call Me cost?
Call Me is included as a feature in your OpenVoice Integrated plan add-on with no additional charge. Charges are billed on a per-minute, per-caller rate that is the same as your toll-free per-minute rate. This means that the charge to your GoToMeeting account is the same whether your attendees choose to dial in manually using a toll-free phone number or use Call Me to receive a phone call automatically.
What are the system requirements for Call Me?
Does my phone have to be in the available country?
The callback phone number that you wish to use must be a phone number in one of the available countries. However, the telephone itself does not need to be physically located within that country.
Can I use Call Me to call a mobile phone?
Yes. You can use Call Me to dial a mobile phone number.
Can I use Call Me from the mobile apps when joining a meeting?
No. Call Me is not included in the iOS or Android apps because the apps already include a "1-tap dial in" feature in which your phone automatically dials in to the audio conference. Organizers and attendees can use the "1-tap dial in" to connect as quickly as easily as those using Call Me.
However, keep in mind that if the organizer chooses to only enable Call Me for a particular meeting (i.e., they disable VoIP, Long distance and Toll-Free), attendees will need to have access to both a computer and a telephone in order to successfully join. They will not be able to connect to audio in a Call Me-only session if they join using the mobile apps at this time.
Can I host a meeting with Call Me as the only audio option?
Yes. However, keep in mind that if you choose to only enable Call Me for a meeting (i.e., you disable Computer audio, Long distance phone numbers and Toll-Free phone numbers), your attendees will need to have access to both a computer and a telephone in order to successfully join. They will not be able to connect to audio if they join using the mobile app because they will need to enter their callback number with a computer to join the meeting first.
Is there a way to use Call Me as a conference-call solution?
No. The only way to use Call Me is to enter the callback phone number in the desktop or Web App once you've joined or started the meeting, so it is not possible to initiate the phone call without it.
Does Call Me show up in my reports?
Yes. You will see Call Me usage listed within the Toll-Free Usage Report.
Why don't I have Call Me?
Call Me is one of GoToMeeting's built-in phone audio options and is offered as part of the OpenVoice Integrated subscription plan add-on. However, not all accounts are eligible for or choose to use Call Me.
- If you are an attendee trying to join a meeting and do not see Call Me as an option, then it is not part of the meeting organizer's account. You can use the alternative options listed in the audio info to connect to the meeting's audio conference.
- If you are an organizer trying to add Call Me as an option for your attendees and do not see it in your default audio settings, then your account administrator has not enabled it on your account. Please contact them to request having Call Me added and enabled.
- If you are an account admin trying to enable Call Me for your organizers and do not see it in the Admin Center, then your account may not be eligible for Call Me (see System Requirements for more information). Please contact your billing administrator to request an upgrade to a paid subscription plan with an OpenVoice Integrated plan add-on.