Configure Default Meeting Settings
You can change various settings that affect the way your meetings are scheduled and run using the Settings page on your web account. These settings will apply to all session that you schedule.
Each time you schedule a new session, it will automatically use the default audio settings configured for your account (but you can change them for each specific session, as needed). See Set Default Audio Options to learn more about changing your default audio settings.
Choose how you want your attendees to experience your meeting.
- New attendees using Chrome will join from the Web App – Prompt new meeting attendees to join from the Web App so they do not have to download GoToMeeting. Learn more about the Web App.
- Attendees using computer audio will join muted – Choose to have your attendees join muted to reduce audio feedback and noise. Note that enabling this setting will override all attendee preferences.
- Give attendees full access to screen sharing – Allow all meeting participants to immediately share their screen without asking for presenter rights.
GoToMeeting provides calendar integrations for Microsoft Outlook and Google Calendar, which allows you to schedule your session directly within the third-party applications.
- Install GoToMeeting in Microsoft Outlook (Windows)
- Install the Google Chrome Plug-In for GoToMeeting
You can create your own personalized meeting page by reserving a URL and customizing the look and feel of your meeting page. Reserving a meeting page allows you to quickly launch a meeting and have attendees join at the same URL each time (without having to send out an invite for each meeting), which is ideal for recurring or spur-of-the-moment meetings. See Create a Personal Meeting Page to learn more about personal meeting pages.
Add a logo to the Waiting Room
When a meeting is in session but the Presenter is not currently sharing their screen, the Waiting Room window is displayed. If desired, you can add a logo that will appear at the top of the window by default. See Add a Custom Logo to learn more.
You can record any session and then store the recording for attendees to view at a later time. When a session is recorded, the presenter's screen, the audio conference and any shared applications are included.
If you are recording to the cloud, you may see the following options:
- Transcription – Check the Transcribe recorded meetings box to view a written transcription of your meeting after it ends.
- Automatic Sharing – Check the Share box to allow attendees to view meeting transcriptions and recording with a direct link. Uncheck the Share box to turn off viewing capabilities. You can also enable this feature on a recording by recording basis.
- Meeting Insights – Allow meeting slides to be downloaded or shared in PDF format.