Set Up Slack Integration
If you use Slack as your chat client, you can set up an integration with Slack that allows you to create trigger(s) within Service Desk to notify your Slack channel when conditions of your trigger(s) are met.
Create integration within Slack
- Sign in to the Slack desktop or web app.
- Select your < team name > drop-down menu. If you do not have a team set up, you will need to create one.
- Click Apps & integrations.
- Once redirected, type incoming webhooks in the "Search" field and click Incoming WebHooks from the search results.
- On the next page, click Add Configuration.
- In the "Post to Channel" section, select an existing Slack channel from the drop-down menu, or click create a new channel to make a new one. Once your channel is selected, click Add Incoming WebHooks integration.
- On the next page, a confirmation message, "New integration added!" is displayed in the top navigation.
- Locate the "Webhook URL" section, then highlight and copy the entire Webhook URL.
Add integration within Service Desk
With the Slack Webhook URL copied, you can implement the Slack integration within Service Desk as follows:
- Log in to https://desk.gotoassist.com.
- Go to Configure > Account-Wide Settings > Contact.
- In the "Slack Webhook URL" field, paste the Slack Webhook URL.
- Click Save.
Note: Removing the Slack URL will delete all trigger actions associated with Slack Notification.
Create a trigger to notify your Slack channel
- Create a new trigger (or update an existing one) and in the "WHAT do you want to happen?" field, select Notify Slack channel. This can be done at the per-service or account-wide level.
- Click Save when finished.
- When conditions of the trigger are met, a notification (containing a hyperlink to the triggered record) will appear within your Slack channel. Note: Incidents, Problems, Changes, or Releases that existed before the Slack notification trigger was created must be updated (i.e., any action executed by the agent or the system) in order to notify the Slack channel.