Use the GoToAssist Customer Attended Standalone Application (Single Executable for Windows)
The GoToAssist Customer Attended Standalone application is a single executable (.exe) file that can be downloaded and used by customers who frequently join attended support sessions from their Windows computer. For more information, please see the GoToAssist Remote Support v4 Customer Quick Start Guides for Windows and Mac.
Does your version look different? Please see instructions for using GoToAssist Remote Support v5.
Download the GoToAssist Customer Attended Standalone Application (Windows Only)
Benefits of using the app
Using the GoToAssist Customer Attended Standalone application can make joining attended support sessions easier than ever before. Administrators, agents, and customers alike can benefit in the following ways:
- No need to access a website - Customers are no longer required to visit https://fastsupport.gotoassist.com to join a support session because the application is saved locally or on a shared network. This also eliminates frustration for both the agent and the customer when pronouncing and spelling out "fastsupport.gotoassist.com."
- No online join flow process - Customers no longer experience the online join flow process (e.g., downloading the GoTo Opener application) because they are joining directly from the application instead of a website.
- No administrative rights required to run - Customers do not need administrative rights to run the application and join a support session. When a customer has limited permissions, the session will run as an application rather than a service. However, if the agent attempts to upgrade the session to run as a service while in session, the customer would be required to enter admin credentials.
- Administrators can deploy within restricted environments - Administrators who support end-users in a restricted environment (e.g., unable to download online applications due to restricted permissions, unable to access websites outside of their Intranet, etc.), can download and place the application in a shared location on their network to launch, or install it to a user's profile so they can launch it directly from their desktop.
- Faster time to session - Agents and customers experience a significant improvement to the speed at which it takes to connect to a support session, increasing overall productivity.
- Ability to set parameters for pre-deployment - Administrators who distribute the GoToAssist Customer Attended Standalone application to their end-users can set parameters from the command line (i.e., using the GoToAssist Remote Support Single Customer Attended App Guide) for how they would like the application to run, including the following examples:
- Launch with a pre-defined Support Key
- Run in a supported language (i.e., English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, or Portuguese)
- Run as a Service (administrative rights for the end-user are required)
Comparison between the GoToAssist Customer Attended Standalone and Desktop applications
While both applications provide the same ability to join a support session, the differences between these two apps are based on how they become introduced to a customer's computer, and how they behave once they appear.
GoToAssist Customer Attended Standalone app - This app can be directly downloaded by the customer or their administrator from https://fastsupport.gotoassist.com/download/attended-app. Once downloaded, this app can be saved locally on the customer's computer, or placed in a shared location on their network. This application is a download only (i.e., not an installed application), and will not appear as in an installed program or service on the customer's computer. It can be launched only from the location where it has been saved.
GoToAssist Customer Desktop app - This app is downloaded and installed onto the customer's machine when they join an attended support session, or an agent has set up unattended support on their computer. This application will appear as an installed program and listed as a service on the customer's computer, and can be accessed from the desktop or by navigating to Start > GoToAssist Remote Support Customer.
The GoToAssist Customer Desktop app will remain or be removed from the customer's computer at the end of the session, depending on how the agent has configured their GoToAssist Expert desktop application Preferences as follows:
- If the preference "Uninstall Customer Application" is checked, then the GoToAssist Customer app will uninstall itself when the session has ended, and the icon will be removed from the customer's desktop. The icon will only appear in the system tray when it has been opened and displaying the Join a session dialog box to join another support session.
- If the preference, "Uninstall Customer Application" is unchecked, then the GoToAssist Customer icon will remain on the customer's desktop, and only appear in the system tray when it has been opened and displaying the Join a session dialog box to join another support session. Once the customer closes the Join a session dialog box, the GoToAssist Customer icon will disappear from the system tray, but the icon will still remain on the desktop for future use.
Download and run the app
You can download the GoToAssist Customer Attended application as follows:
Note: This application does not require administrative rights to use.
- Go to https://fastsupport.gotoassist.com and click GoToAssist Customer Attended App or go to https://fastsupport.com/download/attended-app.
- Click Download.
- Save the executable (.exe) file, then open it.
Note: You can save it to your desktop for easy access, or a shared location on your network drive to allow multiple users to access it.
- Click Run.
- Fill in the Name and Support Key fields to join a support session.