Set product defaults in Admin Center
The Admin Settings page contains product defaults that, once set, apply to all users on your account who have access to the products. You can also edit your account name.
On this page, you can:
Custom user fields allow you to define and populate a set of fields for your users. You can create organizational identifiers, usage or user types, etc. A limited, predefined set of fields can be pulled in from the Active Directory if you are using the Active Directory Connector (ADC). Custom user fields display on the User Details screen and in user reports.
1. In the Admin Center, click Admin Settings in the left navigation.
2. Click the Add a Custom Field button.
3. Enter a custom field name, you can include numeric and alpha characters. Click Save.
1. Log in to the Admin Center.
2. Select Admin Settings from the left navigation.
Enable or disable session recording
If session recording is enabled, GoToAssist automatically records all screen-sharing support sessions and stores them in the cloud for 90 days.
Enable or disable auto start
If start with an attended session is enabled, GoToAssist will automatically create an attended session if the agent is assigned to only one group.
Enable or disable screen blanking
If screen blanking is enabled, the agent can lock the customer's screen in session when entering credentials or displaying sensitive information.
Enable or disable the session end dialog
If the session end dialog is enabled, then after a session has ended, the dialog for assigning sessions to companies, as well as tracking customer names, session notes and accounting information will be displayed.
Set the shared seat session timeout
Specify the length of time in minutes that an application will allow a user with a shared product seat to remain logged in before asking to re-authenticate.
Set Build Version Update preferences
By default, new full-release builds of GoToAssist are deployed to your account automatically. You can select from the following options:
- Regular & Beta Updates – To check out our newest features!
- Regular Updates – To use our most stable, default version.
- Infrequent Updates – To manually select a specific version, which will remain assigned to your account until your selected version is no longer supported. Learn more.
Enable or disable Two-Factor Authentication
You can enable Two-Factor Authentication for your entire account, and specify a date to force all agents to log out of their accounts in order to log back in and start the enrollment process. Please note the required version and build number specified next to the Enabled option, as it will be required that all of your device groups be set to this version in order to use Two-Factor Authentication. Learn more.