GoToAssist Seeit FAQs
These FAQs address common questions for agents and customers.
What is GoToAssist Seeit?
GoToAssist Seeit enables agents to support individuals using and troubleshooting any physical product from a remote site. To receive help, an agent issues a code letting end users utilize their mobile device cameras to stream a live video (including audio) feed to the agent.
- Smart phone and tablet camera usage to deliver live video feed to the agent website
- VoIP audio for direct communication within a video sharing session
- Turning on/off the constant flashlight on the mobile device
- Use over Wi-Fi or mobile networks
- Take snapshots of the live video feed via the agent website
- Agent can store and review multiple photos during a session
- Share snapshots with the customer to discuss the scene
- Agent can place annotations on photos shared with customer
- Agent can write notes under each photo, and create session notes to capture details that pertain to the session
- Agent can save photos and session notes individually for later reference
Is there a difference between GoToAssist Seeit and the Seeit camera sharing capability in GoToAssist Remote Support? Can the session codes for the products be used interchangeably?
GoToAssist Seeit is a standalone product with a different user login, a different agent console, a different Android customer application, and a unique iOS customer application.
Session codes can only be used by mobile endpoint(s) for that product. That is, session codes generated by agents in the GoToAssist Seeit standalone product and the GoToAssist Remote Support Seeit product can only be used to create sessions with their respective iOS (GoToAssist Seeit only) and Android mobile apps.
How does GoToAssist Seeit implement audio transmission? And which audio devices are supported?
GoToAssist Seeit uses a WebRTC session to transmit audio between the agent website and the mobile application. The agent website supports all audio devices that are supported by the web browser. The mobile application supports the default audio input and output devices of the mobile device being used during the session.
What are the bandwidth requirements for a GoToAssist Seeit session?
For a good user experience, both the agent and customer should have the following bandwidth minimum requirements upstream & downstream:
- Audio & video: 350 kbps (combined)
- Video only: 300 kbps (per stream)
- Audio only: 50 kbps (per stream)
Which resolution and frame rate is GoToAssist Seeit using for streaming video?
GoToAssist Seeit is based on the WebRTC stack. WebRTC currently uses the VP8 codec for video compression. Currently, we transmit video at a rate of 15 fps (frames per second) with a resolution of 352 x 288 pixels for all Android devices except the Google Nexus 4, which captures at a resolution of 320 x 244. For more information, please see the GoToAssist Seeit System Requirements for Agents and Customers.
What resolution are the photo snapshots?
GoToAssist Seeit uses the native camera on the customer's mobile device and uploads photos to the agent in a resolution of 480 x 360 pixels and 15 fps (frames per second) for mobile devices that support high-resolution (e.g., Android devices, iPhone 6, iPhone 5 family, etc.). The iPhone 4 does not support high-resolution, and captures the video and snapshots at a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels and 10 fps (frames per second). For more information, please see the GoToAssist Seeit System Requirements for Agents and Customers.
What kind of security features does Seeit provide?
GoToAssist Seeit provides security at multiple levels. These include restricting endpoint access to GoToAssist Seeit sessions, providing a role-based security model, and securing the basic voice and video traffic that moves through the data cloud and between endpoints.
The core protocols providing the WebRTC security are SRTP for media traffic encryption, and DTLS-SRTP for key negotiation, which are defined by the IETF.
The Seeit WebRTC-compatible endpoints use the AES cipher with 128-bit keys to encrypt audio and video, and HMAC-SHA1 to verify data integrity.
Which iOS versions and devices are supported?
Which Android versions and devices are supported?
Please see the GoToAssist Seeit System Requirements for GoToAssist Seeit Customers.
Which web browsers are supported for GoToAssist Seeit?
Please see the GoToAssist Seeit System Requirements for GoToAssist Seeit Agents.
Note: There have been scenarios where the agent website does not work correctly with one or the other supported browsers (especially on browser upgrade). If one of the supported browsers does not work , try using another supported browser to test and report the results to Customer Care.
Why are some customers unable to get GoToAssist Seeit to work unless they use Wi-Fi (instead of a mobile device network)?
Certain mobile networks and/or carrier plans do not support simultaneous voice and data (i.e., sending data while on a voice call). As a result, customers of these networks and/or plans must connect their mobile device to a Wi-Fi network, otherwise they will not be able to participate in a GoToAssist Seeit session using a mobile phone that does not support simultaneous voice and data. A suggested work around would be for the agent to send the session invitation URL to the customer via email or SMS rather than verbally delivering the session code over the phone.
Note: For more information about simultaneous voice and data support, please contact your mobile device carrier or visit their website.
What is the typical data consumption while performing GoToAssist Seeit sessions using a mobile network (not Wi-Fi)?
Data consumption depends on a number of different factors. Here is an example of a 12 minute GoToAssist Seeit session with video sharing only:
- Network: Telekom LTE
- Country: Germany
- Device: iPhone 6
- Video resolution: 352x288 pixels
- Frame rate: 15 fps (frames per second)
- Bandwidth consumption: 1.38 Mbit/s
- Wi-Fi: Off
- Bluetooth: On
- Brightness: 50%
- Camera movement: 80%
- VoIP End-User: Off
- VoIP Agent: On
- VoIP duration: 0%
- Session duration: 12 minutes
- Camera sharing duration: 10 minutes
- Data consumption: 125 MB
- Bandwidth consumption: 1.38 Mbit/s
- Battery consumption: 9%
Which ports need to be open in order to allow GoToAssist Seeit to work?
- TCP port 443 must be open.
- Non-web (non-SSL) traffic via port 443 must be allowed.
- Explanation: This is used to stream encrypted video (DTLS+SRTP) in case no UDP traffic is possible. Some firewall/proxy rules block this traffic by default.
- Opening UDP port 3478 is highly recommended for noticeable performance improvements.
- For the best possible experience, we recommend that UDP ports 1025 - 65535 be open.
Is there any specific IP range or domain name information for configuring GoToAssist Seeit and my firewall?
GoToAssist Seeit uses Tokbox as our webRTC provider. For firewall and proxy configuration, we recommend allowing the following domain names:
For more information, please see our Optimal Firewall Configuration.
Why do some customers not receive the Join Session text (SMS) message sent from the agent?
GoToAssist Seeit sends text messages with a Join Session URL via a standard SMS gateway. Certain carriers impose SMS filtering schemes on their networks, and this can cause delivery of the join session text message to fail. We are compliant with known formatting and delivery standards, but carriers do not publish their individual filter rules. These rules may restrict the delivery of messages formatted in a particular way or restrict delivery of messages with embedded URLs. We actively monitor our delivery mechanism to get the broadest delivery possible, but it is possible that the messages are not delivered by the carrier.
Account & Billing FAQs
- How do I sign up for a free trial?
- How much does it cost?
- How do I purchase a new plan?
- How do I update my payment method?
- How do I change my current plan?
- I just got invited to join a GoToAssist Seeit account. What next?
- My account expired. How do I renew it?
- How do I cancel my account?
- What are the system requirements for me, as an agent?
- How do I log in to the agent website?
- How do I start a new session from my desktop?
- How do I start a new session from mobile?
- How do I invite a customer to my session?
- How do I record a session?
- How do I take a snapshot of my customer's camera feed?
- I want to draw on my snapshots. How do I use drawing tools?
- Can I save my snapshots locally?
- I recorded my session. How do I access my recording?
- Can I take notes during my session?
- I took notes during my session. How do I access them?
- How do I close the session?