Provide Support for Customers Using GoToAssist Corporate for Android
Provide support to Android devices by having customers download the GoToAssist Corporate app from the Google Play store. Once in session, you can use screen sharing to view the customer's Android device, take remote control of their screen, send messages via chat and retrieve diagnostic information about their device. This is available to all modes.
Topics in this article:
GoToAssist Corporate app
- Android customers with Samsung and LG mobile devices can install this app to participate in standard (i.e., screen sharing and remote control) support sessions. For more information about features available for your customer's device and version of Android OS, please see the Features Overview table below.
Note: Customers using an LG device will be prompted to additionally install the GoToAssist Corporate AddOn LG screen sharing app if they choose to allow screen sharing and/or remote control.
- Android customers with non-Samsung and non-LG mobile devices can install this app to participate in support sessions. For more information about features available for your customer's device and version of Android OS, please see the Features Overview table below.
| Download the GoToAssist (Corporate) Customer App for Android |
(for all mobile devices running Android OS 4.0.X (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later)
GoToAssist Corporate AddOn LG screen sharing app (LG devices only)
Android customers using LG devices must join a support session using the GoToAssist Corporate app, which will then prompt them to install this screen sharing plugin app when the representative requests screen sharing and/or remote control of their device.
In-session features may vary depending on your customer's device manufacturer and their version of Android OS.
GoToAssist Corporate app for Android
|Device Manufacturer||OS Version||Features|
| || |
| || |
|LG|| || |
| || |
|non-Samsung & non-LG || || |
|non-Samsung & non-LG || || |
- In the Code Management window, configure the new code(s) as follows:
- If desired, enter a unique identifier for the code (e.g., the customer's name).
- Select the correct portal.
- Send the Session URL to customers using the Send Code via Email or Copy URL buttons.
- From their Android device, customers can tap the Session URL to be launched into the support session. Note: It is recommended that you direct your customer to first download the GoToAssist Corporate app from the Google Play store before trying to join the session.
- If customers do not have the GoToAssist Corporate app installed, the Google Play store will open to the GoToAssist Corporate app’s page, where they can tap Install to download the app. After installation, they can reselect the session URL, enter their name and tap Join Session.
- If customers already have the GoToAssist Corporate app installed, the app will open on their Android device with the Session Code already entered. They can enter their name and tap Join Session.
Note: Alternatively, customers can download the GoToAssist Corporate app for their device by opening the Google Play store, searching for “GoToAssist Corporate” and tapping Install. They can then manually enter the Session Code provided by the representative.
- Once in session, customers will immediately see the Chat screen. They will receive an additional prompt to allow screen sharing and/or remote control depending on the device they are using, as follows:
- Samsung users– Tap Yes to activate Samsung Enterprise License Management (ELM) install prompt, then tap Install when prompted to enable device screen access and remote control.
- LG users– Tap Yes to activate the GoToAssist Corporate (LG) screen sharing add on installation prompt, then tap Install when prompted to enable device screen access and remote control.
- Non-Samsung and non-LG users – Tap Yes to allow view-only screen sharing.
Note: The remote control feature is not available for these device types.
- A message within the chat window will indicate that their screen is being shared and/or remote control is enabled.
Note: If desired, admins can log in to the Management Center to configure support portals to ask customer approval for screen sharing and diagnostics.
- You will see the same Chat window that is shown when in standard (screen sharing) sessions with a Windows or Mac computer, as well as the Viewer window with the customer's screen. You can do the following while in session:
- Use the mouse for gestures (i.e., swiping) and to tap/select
- Use the Android "softkeys" (a) and/or Viewer buttons (b) to navigate.
- Click the Pause Screen icon in the top navigation to stop screen sharing. You can request screen sharing again at any time, or ask the customer to tap the Share Screen icon to resume screen sharing.
- Click the Lock icon in the top navigation to disable your remote control ability. The Lock icon will change to be an Unlocked icon which indicates you are no longer able to control their mobile device. You can request remote control again at any time, or ask the customer to tap the Lock icon to take remote control again.
Note: For more information about the features available to the customer during a support session with an Android device, see Customer Experience Using the GoToAssist Corporate App for Android.
- Customers can end the session at any time by tapping the Exit icon in the toolbar. You can end it by closing the Chat or Viewer windows.
- Once in session with a customer, click the Diagnostics icon in the toolbar.
- Customers will see a “Share Device Information?” window asking if they want to share detailed device information with the representative. They should tap Yes.
- A Remote Diagnostics window with diagnostic and system information appears on your screen.
- Once in session with the customer, select the Send Logfiles button.
- A new email with the logfiles attached will automatically be created. Add your email address and select Send.