Annotation tools allow you and the customer to create and erase illustrations on the shared screen. This ability can assist you in focusing the customer's attention on a particular area when guiding customers during support sessions.
Topics in this article:
- Select an annotation tool, as follows:
- While viewing the customer's screen, click the Annotation icon in the Viewer toolbar (or select Draw in the menu).
- While sharing your own screen, click the Annotation icon in the Chat box toolbar (or select Screen Sharing in the menu).
- Select the desired annotation tool (Pen , Highlighter or Arrow Stamper ).
- Click and drag the pointer on the screen to create the desired drawings.
Erase all existing drawings in any of the following ways:
- Click the Annotation icon in the toolbar and select Erase Drawings.
- Select Draw > Erase Drawings from the menu.
- Right-click the shared screen and select Erase Drawings.
- Hold the Shift key while dragging the mouse to draw in a straight line.
- Press F11 on your keyboard to automatically switch to the Pen tool .
- Press F8 on your keyboard to automatically switch to the Highlighter tool .
- Press F9 on your keyboard to automatically switch to the Arrow Stamper tool .
- Press F12 on your keyboard to erase all drawings.