Remote Sound is not working. What should I do?
Why is remote sound not working?
- Please check that the host computer has the latest version of the LogMeIn software installed.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the LogMeIn Client desktop app for Windows or for Mac, as required.
- Check to make sure the client's computer speakers are turned on and the volume is turned up.
Still isn't working?
In Windows Windows 7 or Vista:
Make sure the sound is configured properly within Windows on the host computer.
- Connect to the Windows Vista or Windows 7 host computer.
- Open Control Panel > Sound.
- Click the Recording tab.
- Look for something similar to Stereo Mix, Stereo Out, Stereo Sum, What U Hear, or loopback. If you only see Line In, Mic, or Microphone, then Remote Sound may not be possible.
On a Mac:
- Make sure you are running the most recent version of the LogMeIn host software on the Mac you want to control (2229 or above).
- If you are running the correct version of the LogMeIn host software, then restart LogMeIn.
- If sound still does not work, then reinstall LogMeIn.
- If sound still does not work, please contact us.
I’ve lost all sound on my Mac after using LogMeIn!
If you can’t hear sound on a computer that was being controlled via LogMeIn after ending a remote session, go to System Preferences > Sound > Output/Input on the Mac and confirm that LogMeInSoundDriver is not selected.