LogMeIn Rescue Integration
Integration of LogMeIn Rescue with BoldChat allows web site owners to combine live chat service with LogMeIn Rescue's remote support.
The BoldChat operator must be enabled as a technician in an active LogMeIn Rescue account.
BoldChat is Rescue-ready right out of the box. All a BoldChat operator needs to do is authenticate with their Rescue credentials.
- In BoldChat, the operator clicks BoldChat > Rescue > Authenticate. BoldChat prompts the operator for Rescue credentials.
- The operator submits their Rescue credentials. The BoldChat agent can now escalate a BoldChat session into a Rescue session.
How it works
The BoldChat operator must be in an active BoldChat session with a visitor.
- In BoldChat, the operator clicks Active Assist > Desktop Share to initiate a remote desktop sharing session. BoldChat prompts the operator for Rescue credentials.
- The BoldChat operator submits credentials. In BoldChat, the operator is prompted to choose their preferred Rescue user interface.
- The operator selects a Rescue user interface method:
- Web-based Technician Console
- Technician Console Desktop App
In Rescue Technician Console, a private session is created in Waiting status.
- In the Technician Console, the BoldChat operator sends the visitor a prompt to download the Rescue applet by clicking Prompt for Download in the Chat-Only Mode window. The visitor is prompted to download the Rescue applet to allow the remote session.
- The visitor runs the applet. The remote control applet starts. Remote control starts.
Chat sessions are transferred between BoldChat and Rescue. That is, whatever the operator or visitor types in either application appears in both places.