How to view and share a browser session with ActiveAssist (Browser Share)
ActiveAssist Browser Share allows operators to interactively and jointly browse (cobrowse) with visitors on websites that have visitor monitoring HTML installed.
- Start a chat session with the website visitor.
- During a chat session, look for the toolbar above the active chat area and click Active Assist with this chat (two connected computers) and select the Browser Share option. Important: The visitor must be on a page for which Visitor monitoring HTML has been implemented. You may need to refresh the page or direct the visitor to a page that allows Browser Share.
The operator is shown the following message: Waiting for the visitor to accept the ActiveAssist invitation….
The visitor is prompted to allow the cobrowse session.
- The visitor must click Yes. The ActiveAssist co-browsing session begins.
Operator options during ActiveAssist Browser Share:
- URL field – Send the visitor a URL that opens in their default browser.
- Back arrow – Takes the visitor's browser to the previously visited URL (like a standard browser Back button).
- Forward arrow – Takes the visitor's browser to the next URL in the history of visited URL.
- Reload – Refreshes the current page being shown in the operators view window.
- Bookmarks – Select predefined URLs from the bookmark library.
- End session – End the current Browser Share session.
- Highlight tool – Operator can use this to point out elements on a page.