How to show an email form when no operators are available
You can set the Unavailable Email Form to appear when a no operators are available to answer a chat request.
This feature is part of the Custom Chat Window definition process. A chat window definition controls the look and feel and advanced behavior of the interface that is opened when a visitor clicks an associated button or link.
- Using the desktop Operator Client, create a new custom chat window, as follows:
- From the main menu of the desktop Operator Client, go to Setup > Account Setup. The Account Setup window is displayed.
- On the left menu of the Account Setup window, click Chats > Custom Chat Windows > New
The New Custom Chat Window is displayed.
- On the Unavailable Email Form tab, select Enable. Tip: To customize or localize the Unavailable Email Form, go to Brandings tab > Custom > Common and select the Unavailable email group.
- Enter the email address to which submitted forms should be sent. Multiple emails must be separated by a comma, semi-colon, or space.
- Save your changes.
Remember: To implement a chat window, you must associate it with a chat button definition.