How to show a different chat button image when operators are available/unavailable
To ensure that visitors are properly informed about operator availability, you can choose to show a specific chat button image when at least one operator is available and another (or none) when no operators are available.
This feature is part of the Custom Chat Button definition process for both floating and fixed-position buttons.
- Using the desktop Operator Client, create a custom chat button definition, as follows:
- From the main menu of the desktop Operator Client, go to Setup > Account Setup. The Account Setup window is displayed.
- Choose the type of button to create. On the left menu, click Chats > Custom Chat Buttons > New or Chats > Custom Floating Chat Buttons > New.
The New Custom Button window is displayed.
- On the New Custom... window, under When Unavailable, choose the expected behavior when no operators are available:
- Choose Show Unavailable Button: When no operators are available, the Unavailable Image URL is displayed to visitors.
- Show No Button: When no operators are available, no button is displayed to visitors.
- Show Available Button: When no operators are available, the Available Image URL is displayed to visitors.
- Save your changes. The settings are applied to the custom chat button definition.
To activate a newly created button definition as a chat entry point on your website, you must paste the HTML code to your site. When editing an existing button, you do not need to paste the code since these settings are not in the HTML code itself, but rather on the BoldChat server.