How to set up Twitter automatic distribution
Automatic Tweet thread Distribution allows you to automatically and intelligently distribute assignment of new, incoming Twitter threads to your operators.
Important: Before you continue, make sure you have set up BoldChat to manage Twitter.
Note: An Enterprise subscription is required.
- From the main menu of the operator client, go to Setup > Automatic Distribution > Automatic Twitter Distribution Setup. The Automatic Twitter Distribution Setup window is displayed .
- Select Enable automatic distribution. This activates ACD at the account level.
- Select options:
Option Description Reassign if not accepted in X minutes When selected, Twitter threads are reassigned to another operator when the originally assigned operator does not accept the thread within the specified period of time. An operator who fails to answer in time is set to Away status to prevent new threads from being assigned. The operator must then explicitly log back in as Available.
Limit concurrent Twitter threads to X When selected, the number of threads that can be assigned to each operator is limited. When an operator reaches the limit, they are no longer assigned new threads. This limit setting can be overridden at an individual operator level.
Automatically assign search results When selected, Twitter threads that are created from the result of a saved twitter search are automatically assigned to an available operator. Operators waiting for assignment When there are fewer incoming email threads than operators can handle, some operators will be waiting for an assignment. Threads are assigned to highest ranked operators first, but you can choose an assignment method for operators of the same rank. See How to rank operators.To determine which waiting operator gets the next email, choose an assignment method:
- Least Busy. Assign the next incoming thread to the operator who has the fewest active threads and has waited the longest. Choose this to balance the workload between operators.
- Most Busy. Assign threads to your busiest operators. The next incoming thread is assigned to the operator who is handling the most threads until their limit is reached, and thereafter to the operator who has been idle for the shortest period of time. Choose this option if your operators must manage non-Twitter tasks along with their Twitter related work. Those who are managing Twitter will stay busy with Twitter, while others can stay focused on non-Twitter tasks. To prevent overload on a single operator, make sure concurrent limits are set.
- Round Robin Rotate assignment among all available operators regardless of waiting time or number of active threads (until their concurrent limit is reached). Choose this option to balance the number of threads assigned per operator. Lower ranked operators will only be assigned a thread if all higher ranked operators have reached their limit.
- Save your changes. Settings are applied to your entire account except where overridden at the department or operator level.