How to set the chat window seen by visitors when a chat button is clicked
To choose the actual interface seen by visitors upon clicking a chat button, you must associate your Chat Button definition with a Chat Window definition.
This feature is part of the Custom Chat Button definition process for both floating and fixed-position buttons.
- Using the desktop Operator Client, create a custom chat button definition, as follows:
- From the main menu of the desktop Operator Client, go to Setup > Account Setup. The Account Setup window is displayed.
- Choose the type of button to create. On the left menu, click Chats > Custom Chat Buttons > New or Chats > Custom Floating Chat Buttons > New.
The New Custom Button window is displayed.
- Under Window, choose the Chat Window to associate with the chat button definition.
- To use the default chat window definition, do nothing (the default is called My Chat Window)
- To use a custom chat window definition, click the button with three-dots ... and choose a custom window.
- Save your changes. The settings are applied to the custom chat button definition.
To activate a newly created button definition as a chat entry point on your website, you must paste the HTML code to your site. When editing an existing button, you do not need to paste the code since these settings are not in the HTML code itself, but rather on the BoldChat server.