How to set a floating chat button as a chat entry point (with Visitor Monitoring)
Set a floating button that a visitor clicks to initiate a chat session.
When implementing chat, your visitors need something to click in order to start a chat session. The term chat entry point refers to the interface element that a visitor clicks to initiate a chat. You set a chat entry point as part of the procedure of generating and inserting an HTML snippet to your site.
- From the main menu of the operator client, go to Setup > HTML > Generate Floating Button / Visitor Monitor HTML The Generate Visitor Monitor HTML window is displayed.
- On the Generate Visitor Monitor HTML window, choose a floating button to deploy:
- To use the default button, do nothing (the default is called My Chat Button)
- To change the chat button definition, click the three dots ... next to Floating Chat Button.
- Associate your HTML with a Website definition.
- Option. Associate your HTML with an Auto-Invite Ruleset definition.
- Copy and paste the code to your site. .