How to set a chat link as a chat entry point
Set a text-based link that a visitor clicks to initiate a chat session.
When implementing chat, your visitors need something to click in order to start a chat session. The term chat entry point refers to the interface element that a visitor clicks to initiate a chat. You set a chat entry point as part of the procedure of generating and inserting an HTML snippet to your site.
- From the main menu of the operator client, go to Setup > HTML > Generate Chat Button HTML. The Generate Chat Button HTML window is displayed.
- On the Generate Chat Button HTML window, at the top of the window under Type of Chat Button, select Web Page Chat Button Text.
- Under Customize Chat Window, associate the link with a Chat Window definition. A Chat Window definition controls the look and feel and advanced behavior of the interface that is opened when a visitor clicks your link.
- To use the default chat window definition, do nothing (the default is called My Chat Window)
- To use a custom chat window definition, click the button with three-dots ... and choose a custom window.
- Option. Associate your HTML snippet with a Department definition.
- Associate your HTML with a Website definition.
- Option. Pass customer visitor information into the chat session.
- Copy and paste the code to your site. .