How to set a chat button as a chat entry point (fixed-location)
Set a button that a visitor clicks to initiate a chat session.
When implementing chat, your visitors need something to click in order to start a chat session. The term chat entry point refers to the interface element that a visitor clicks to initiate a chat. You set a chat entry point as part of the procedure of generating and inserting an HTML snippet to your site.
- From the main menu of the operator client, go to Setup > HTML > Generate Chat Button HTML. The Generate Chat Button HTML window is displayed.
- On the Generate Chat Button HTML window, at the top of the window under Type of Chat Button, select Web Page Chat Button Image.
- Under Customize Chat Button Images, choose a chat button definition to associate with your HTML snippet:
Tip: To see what your chat button or text link will look like on the web page based on current settings, click Open Test Page.
- To use the default button, do nothing (the default is called My Chat Button)
- To change the chat button definition, click the three dots ... next to Custom Chat Button.
- Associate your HTML with a Website definition.
- Option. Pass customer visitor information into the chat session.
- Copy and paste the code to your site. .