How to protect visitor data (Data Obfuscation)
Data obfuscation, or also known as data masking, is a security feature that allows you to replace potentially sensitive data with generic characters to ensure that sensitive information is safe. You can set data (for example, credit card numbers, social security or personal ID numbers, telephone numbers) to be replaced by generic characters either in real-time or once the chat has ended.
- Using the desktop Operator Client, create a new custom chat window, as follows:
- From the main menu of the desktop Operator Client, go to Setup > Account Setup. The Account Setup window is displayed.
- On the left menu of the Account Setup window, click Chats > Custom Chat Windows > New
The New Custom Chat Window is displayed.
- On the Chat Messages tab, select Conceal Sensitive Information.
Option Description When to Conceal
- Select When the chat closes to allow data to be seen during chat, but then hidden after close.
- Select Immediately, but the operator assigned... to allow only the assigned operator to see the information.
- Select Immediately, and no one... to hide the information from everyone.
What to Conceal
Note: Simple number sequences remain visible.
- Select All numeric strings to conceal all recognized number sequences, such as credit card, social security and phone numbers.
- Select Conceal Only Credit Card Formats to mask user input that conforms to standard credit card number formats. When this feature is in use, a credit card number such as 12345-12345-12345 is stored as xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx.
- Save your changes.