How to prompt visitors for information before chat (pre-chat form)
You can set up a pre-chat form that is displayed to visitors after they click a chat button but before actually chatting with an operator. The pre-chat form is a component of the Custom Chat Window definition associated with a chat button or chat invitation. The form can be customized. Visitor input is added to the incoming chat.
- Using the desktop Operator Client, create a new custom chat window, as follows:
- From the main menu of the desktop Operator Client, go to Setup > Account Setup. The Account Setup window is displayed.
- On the left menu of the Account Setup window, click Chats > Custom Chat Windows > New
The New Custom Chat Window is displayed.
- On the New Custom Chat Window, click the Pre-Chat Form tab.
- Click Enable the activate the form.
- To allow visitors to choose the chat window language (as set up under Brandings), allow the Language Selector to be shown.
- To prompt visitors for basic information or for a response to an initial question, set any of the following as required or optional:
Tip: To customize these fields, go to the Brandings tab under Custom > Pre-Chat Survey > Chat Survey Initial Question
- Last Name
- Initial Question
- To allow visitors to associate the chat with a department in your organization, select an option for Choose Department. To provide the visitor with choices, you must add Available Departments.
- If the custom chat window definition is associated with a custom chat invitation definition, you can enable the pre-chat form for chats that are initiated through the custom chat invitation by selecting Enable Pre-chat Survey on Invited 'Pro-Active' Chats.
- Save your changes.