How to organize chats by category
Chats can be manually assigned to a category by an operator, or automatically assigned according to a Chat Rule.
- Create a category, as follows:
- From the main menu of the operator client, go to Setup > Account Setup > Chats > Chat Categories
- Click New.
- Name the category and save your changes.
- To manually assign a chat to a category, an operator selects an item using the Category field at the top of the chat area.
- To automatically assign a chat to a category, an administrator chooses a category in the Action section of the New Chat Rule window. The chat is assigned to the chosen category when the rule is triggered.
Members of a Permission Group with the following account permissions can use this feature: Grid View Column Chooser
How is this useful? How can you view inactive chats in this category? In the top-right corner of the BoldChat interface, make sure that you are showing inactive chats for all time, as illustrated. Use the column selector at Grid Preferences > Column Chooser to add the Category column and sort by Category.