How to monitor visitors without displaying a chat button
Set your site to monitor visitor activity without displaying a chat button upon entry. Use this solution when you want to be able to invite visitors to chat manually or according to certain criteria.
With this solution the primary connection between BoldChat and your site is a snippet of code called Visitor Monitor HTML.
- Set the default Floating Chat Button to None.
This ensures that no button is displayed to visitors upon entering a site with Visitor Monitoring HTML.
- From the main menu of the operator client, go to Setup > General Account Settings.
- On the General Account Settings window, under Default Floating Chat , click the X to set the value to None and save your changes.
- Generate Visitor Monitoring HTML, as follows:
- From the main menu of the operator client, go to Setup > HTML > Generate Floating Button / Visitor Monitor HTML
- On the Generate Visitor Monitor HTML window, under Floating Chat Button, click the X to set the value to None.
- Associate your HTML with a Website definition.
- Option. Associate your HTML with an Auto-Invite Ruleset definition.
- Copy and paste the code to your site. .