How to invite visitors to chat after a short delay
You can set BoldChat to automatically invite visitors to chat after a short delay. This does not involve rulesets, so it is relatively quick and easy to configure. This feature is known as Instant Invite Delay.
- Only visitors to a site with a Visitor Monitoring HTML snippet can be invited.
- You must insert a Visitor Monitoring HTML snippet to your site to take advantage of this feature.
- Operators must be in a Permission Group with Invite permission.
- From the main menu of the operator client, go to Setup > General Account Settings. The General Account Settings window is displayed.
- Under Instant Invite Delay, check the checkbox and set the number of seconds to wait before automatically inviting the visitor.
- Save your changes. Changes are applied to your site. You do not need to re-generate your HTML snippet.
After the elapsed delay, all visitors to your site will see the Instant Chat Invite set on the General Account Settings window.