How to invite visitors to chat according to rules
Rules are set using the BoldChat entity called Auto-Invite Ruleset, which must be associated with a Visitor Monitoring HTML snippet.
- To set up rules, you must be in a Permission Group with the following permission: Can Setup Rules Engines.
- To activate rules, you must create an Auto-Invite Ruleset and then associate it with a Visitor Monitoring HTML snippet that you insert to your site.
- Only visitors to a site with a Visitor Monitoring HTML snippet can be invited.
This feature is referred to as Rules-based invitations, Auto Time-on-Site Invitations, Proactive Rules Engine, Pro-Active Chat Configuration, or Auto-Invite.
Follow this procedure to create a ruleset and understand what you must do to activate it.
- Create an Auto-Invite Ruleset, as follows:
- From the main menu of the operator client, go to Setup > Account Setup. The Account Setup window is displayed.
- On the left menu of the Account Setup window, click Invitations > Auto-Invite Rulesets > New. The New Auto-Invite Ruleset page is displayed.
- Under Rule Set Name, enter a name that will help you identify the ruleset in other setup areas.
- Enable the ruleset.
- Decide how you want to react when a visitor declines or ignores an invitation by setting values for the following fields: Stop auto-inviting a visitor after # invite declines and Stop auto-inviting a user after # invite ignores.
- Add rules to the Auto-Invite Ruleset, as follows:
- On the New Auto-Invite Ruleset window under Rules List, click New.
- Name the rule and define rule criteria. See Auto-Invite Rule Criteria.
- Save your changes. The rule is added to the ruleset.
- Continue to add rules.
- On the Rules list, arrange the rules in the order they should be analyzed by BoldChat. For a particular visit to a page on your site, the rules are checked in order from top to bottom. For any single page view, the first matching rule will apply.
Your Auto-Invite Ruleset is ready to be associated a Visitor Monitoring HTML snippet. Unless this association is made, your ruleset is not applied.