How to implement A/B testing of invitations
To help determine which invitations are the most effective, you can implement A/B testing.
- Open an Auto-Invite Ruleset from Setup > Account Setup > Invitations > Auto-Invite Rulesets.
- Select a rule from the Rules List and click Edit.
Under Activate This Custom Chat Invite, select the two invitations you want to test.
- Save your changes. The selected Custom Chat Invites will be offered to visitors randomly.
- Later, once you have collected some data, you must generate a report that helps you see how the invitation has performed.
- Go to Reports > New > Visit Reports > Invite Summary.
- Under Grouping, make sure Rule is selected.
- Click Save to generate the report.
Review the data to see how many times each invitation was served, accepted, declined, and ignored.