How to customize chat windows
You can adapt the appearance, layout, content, and behavior of chat windows to match your branding.
This feature is part of the Custom Chat Window definition process. A chat window definition controls the look and feel and advanced behavior of the interface that is opened when a visitor clicks an associated button or link.
- Create a new custom chat window, as follows:
- From the main menu of the operator client, go to Setup > Account Setup. The Account Setup window is displayed.
- On the left menu, click Chats > Custom Chat Windows > New. The New Custom Chat Window window is displayed.
- On the New Custom Chat Window window, open the Brandings tab.
- Branding options are grouped by complexity into Simple and Custom types. Choose a branding type.
Option Description Simple Simple settings control the basic appearance of the chat window, including your logo, window size and primary colors.Tip: Select Simple if you are satisfied with the default texts, functionality and layout, but need to adjust the look of the chat window quickly and easily. Custom Custom settings provide access to every detail of the chat window and allows you to use advanced features, such as variables and key chaining. Simple settings are retained.Tip: Select Custom if you need to customize an element of your window not available in simple mode. Options include window texts and messages, style sheets, color refinements and scripting.
You are ready to set up your Layered Chat Window or Pop-up Chat Window.
- Click Save to associate branding settings with the custom window definition.