How to configure Conversion Tracking
To implement Conversion Tracking you must set up a Conversion Code definition and associate it with Conversion Tracking HTML that you insert to a site that has been prepared to pass special values when a conversion event occurs.
- Create a Conversion Code.
- From the main menu of the operator client, go to Setup > Account Setup. The Account Setup window is displayed.
- On the left menu of the Account Setup window, click Visitors > Conversion Codes > New. The New Conversion Code window is displayed.
- Give the conversion code an identifiable name. For example Purchase, July 4th promo.
- To keep your operators informed about conversion events, associate the conversion code with an Alert Type that is triggered when conversion event occurs. Alerts are a nice touch to help motivate your operators.
- Under Operator Assignment, you can control how BoldChat "looks for" the operators to credit for a conversion. When a conversion event is triggered (for example, a visitor makes a purchase) BoldChat looks back at the visitor's history and identifies the appropriate operator (for example, the operator who worked with the visitor most recently).
- Consider most recent chats
- Consider oldest recent chats
- Consider most recent chats within X days
- Consider oldest recent chats within X days
- Under Referrer Assignment, BoldChat can be set to leverage information about referring sites (sites from which visitor are arrive to your site – for example, a partner site that links to your page) so credit for a conversion event can be given.
- To only consider visits that contain referrer URL information, select Only consider visits that have a referrer URL.
- Save your changes. The New Conversion Code window closes.
- Now you must associate the conversion code with Conversion Tracking HTML.
Important: When implementing Conversion Tracking, you must ensure that your Visitor Monitoring HTML, Conversion Tracking HTML, and Chat Button HTML are all associated with the same Website definition.
- From the main menu of the operator client, go to Setup > HTML > Generate Conversion Tracking HTML. The Generate Conversion Tracking HTML window is displayed.
- Associate the code with a Website definition.
- Under Conversion Tracking, select the Conversion Code you just created.
- Select Pass Custom Conversion Information and Pass Customer Visitor Information to ensure that required values are passed to BoldChat. Important: Make sure your site is able to populate the value of these fields! You may need to work with a web developer to use ASP, JSP, PHP, or similar.
- Copy and paste the code to your site. .
To view detailed information on each conversion, go to the Conversion tab (left menu of the BoldChat Operator Client).
Tip: Use the Conversion Summary Report to view and sort large amounts of conversion data by date, operator, code, and more.