How to configure BoldChat to receive emails
Configure BoldChat to receive, track, and manage emails.
Note: An Enterprise subscription is required.
- Create a new email account:
- From the main menu of the operator client, go to Setup > Account Setup. The Account Setup window is displayed.
- On the left menu of the Account Setup window, click Emails > Email Accounts > New. The New Email Account window is displayed.
- Enter basic account settings on the Email Account tab:
- Enter a Name for the account for internal reference
- Enter the Email Address to use when sending email.
- Enter a Friendly Email Name to be used as the From Email Name when sending emails via this account. For example: Support Team, Jane Doe.
- Enter the User Name of the POP3 server. For example, in the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, the user name is support.
- Enter the Password associated with the user name for the POP3 server.
- Enter the host name or IP address of your mail Server. If your email address is email@example.com, then your mail server host name is normally mail.acme.com or just acme.com. All inbound emails will be retrieved from this POP3 server. You are not required to specify a SMTP server address. The desktop Operator Client is designed to use BoldChat's SMTP servers to send outbound emails.
- Choose your server Type: POP3 or IMAP.
- Select Active to activate the email account.
- Select Leave Copy of Message to store copies of emails on your POP3 or mail server to facilitate download to Outlook or any other mail client.
- To use a secure connection to your mail server, check Secure Connection (SSL) and enter the Port to be used for the connection. The default port is 995. Please check with your service provider as required.
- Enter additional settings on the Other Settings tab:
- Select Maintain email thread ownership on new mails to preserve the Owner (Operator) field of each email thread.
- Select Show emails as plain text to show incoming email as plain text rather HTML.
- Select Append Email Thread ID to append the Email Thread ID to the subject of replies. This make it easier to keep track of conversations with customers/visitors.
- Set the Encoding for outgoing and incoming messages.
- Use the Auto-bcc field to specify an email address that is included in the BCC field of all outbound emails from the Operator Client.
- Associate a Department with the email account. The Department can be used to override account-level automatic distribution settings and to determine which operators can be assigned emails by the automatic distribution system.
- Assign Canned Message Folders.
- On the Auto-Responder tab, you can setup auto-response rules to answer incoming emails.
- On the SMTP Setup tab you can setup an SMTP server to use for your outgoing email.
- On the Email Footer tab you can compose, design, and enable a footer that is appended to all emails sent from this email account.
- Save your changes.