How to allow visitors to send themselves a transcript
This feature is part of the Custom Chat Window definition process. A chat window definition controls the look and feel and advanced behavior of the interface that is opened when a visitor clicks an associated button or link.
- Using the desktop Operator Client, create a new custom chat window, as follows:
- From the main menu of the desktop Operator Client, go to Setup > Account Setup. The Account Setup window is displayed.
- On the left menu of the Account Setup window, click Chats > Custom Chat Windows > New
The New Custom Chat Window is displayed.
- On the Post-Chat Form tab, select Allow visitors to email themselves a copy of the chat transcript.
- Option. If you want the transcript to be sent from a specific email address, enter the address under Send transcripts from this email address.
- Choose the email format:
- Plain Text
- Option. To include or remove fields from the transcript, click Advanced and use the selector on the Transcript Fields window. What are the default fields? They are shown in the left panel of the Transcript Fields window.
- Save your changes.
Remember: To implement a chat window, you must associate it with a chat button definition.