How to allow operators to invite visitors to chat
By default, all operators are able to invite visitors to chat from the Visitors tab. This is referred to as Custom Invite, Manual Invitations, Instant Chat Invite, Invited 'Pro-Active' Chat, or Manual Proactive Chat.
- Only visitors to a site with a Visitor Monitoring HTML snippet can be invited.
- You must insert a Visitor Monitoring HTML snippet to your site to take advantage of this feature.
- Operators must be in a Permission Group with Invite permission.
The following options allow you to customize your implementation of this feature.
- Option. Create a Custom Chat Invite. This defines the actual interface seen by visitors upon invitation.
- From the main menu of the operator client, go to Setup > Account Setup. The Account Setup window is displayed.
- On the left menu of the Account Setup window, click Invitations > Custom Chat Invitations > New. The New Custom Chat Invitation window is displayed.
- Customize the window as required and save your changes. How to set up Custom Chat Invitations
The Custom Chat Invite will be listed when an operator clicks the Custom Invite button on the Visitor tab. The operator can choose to send the invite to a visitor.
- Option. Associate a specific Custom Chat Invite with the Invite this visitor to chat button on the Visitor tab.
- From the main menu of the operator client, go to Setup > General Account Settings.The General Account Settings window is displayed.
- On the Invite Setup tab, next to Instant Chat Invite, click the button with three-dots .... The Select Item window is displayed.
- Select a Custom Chat Invitation and click OK.
- On the General Account Settings window, save your changes. The selected Custom Chat Invitation will be displayed to visitors when operators click the Instant Chat Invite button ("Invite this visitor to chat") on the Visitor tab.