How to add a chat button to an Outlook email footer
To add a button to your email signature that users click to initiate a chat session, you simply generate the appropriate chat button code and associate it with your Outlook signature.
- From the main menu of the operator client, go to Setup > HTML > Generate Chat Button HTML. The Generate Chat Button HTML window is displayed.
- On the Generate Chat Button HTML window under Type of Chat Button, select Email Signature Chat Button.
- In the email signature field, enter the signature that you want your customers to see.
- Under Customize Chat Button Images, select the button that users will click to initiate a chat session from your email signature.
- Under Email Signature, choose a signature to which the chat button will be appended.
- Option. Type a new signature directly in the space provided.
- Option. Click Open to select an existing email signature. The Open file... dialog is displayed with the path: C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures. Select a signature and click Open.
- On the Generate Chat Button HTML window, click Save. The chat button is added to your email signature.
To access your BoldChat signature in Outlook, compose a new HTML email (not rich text or plain text) and insert it using the Outlook menu Insert > Signature.