Building Block: Invitations
Invitation is a term referring to a set of features that interact to allow you to prompt visitors to engage with your organization. An invitation always includes an actual interface seen by visitors, called the Custom Chat Invitation. This actual invitation can be sent manually by an operator or automatically according to settings or rules.
To work with invitations, you must implement Visitor Monitoring HTML on your site. You can choose to use invitations alone, or in addition to chat buttons or links.
Where do I create invitations?
We recommend creating and managing Custom Chat Invitations from the following location: Setup > Account Setup > Invitations > Custom Chat Invitations.
To create rules, go to Setup > Account Setup > Invitations > Auto-Invite Rulesets.
How do invitations relate to other BoldChat entities?
- Auto-Invite Rulesets (the direction of the relationship is from ruleset to invitation).
- A Custom Chat Window (the direction of the relationship is from invitation to window).
- The Invite this visitor to chat button on the Visitor tab
- The Invite Delay field on the General Account Settings tab
How can invitations be sent?
- Manually: How to allow operators to invite visitors to chat
- Automatically, after a delay: How to invite visitors to chat after a short delay
- According to rules: How to invite visitors to chat according to rules