Building Block: Departments
You can use Departments to group operators and distribute chats.
Where do I create departments?
We recommend creating and managing departments from the following location: From the main menu of the operator client, go to Setup > Account Setup > General > Departments.
How do departments relate to other BoldChat entities?
- Operators who are grouped in the department (operators can be in multiple departments)
- Custom Chat Button (chats initiated from a button can be to routed to a specific department)
- Custom Chat Window pre-chat form (visitors can select a department to facilitate routing to a specific department)
- Chat Rules (when a chat triggers a rule, the chat is routed to a specific department)
- Other departments as Rollover Departments
What is controlled by the department definition?
- How operators are grouped
- How chats are distributed, including the ability to override Automatic Chat Distribution settings at the department level. See also:
- Departments can also be associated with a specific language to help route chats to operators with appropriate language skills