BoldChat Web Client
The BoldChat web-based application, often called the web client, provides flexibility in non-Windows environments.
Most chat set-up and customization features are available in the web-based client, allowing organizations with smaller chat-only environments to do everything online. In larger settings, the web client is useful for chat operators who only need to login to take live chats from visitors.
- Cross-Browser Compatibility
- You can use the BoldChat web client to monitor visitors and chat interactions. Your operators need only an Internet connection and a leading browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari), so the web client is perfect for cross-platform deployments.
- Web-based Chat Reporting
- Web-based chat reporting provides an easy way to access chat reporting from any web browser on Windows and Mac. You can run, schedule and work with BoldChat reports interactively in HTML and you’ll find the chat data you need even faster and easier than before.
- Limited Admin Functions
- While many chat-focused set-up and customization options are available via the web client, the desktop Operator Client will still be required for larger or more complex chat deployments using permissioning, skill routing, and/or automatic chat distribution. Reporting is also a PC Client feature at this time. Online setup features are available at https://setup.boldchat.com.
- Multiple-Language Support
- BoldChat is dedicated to agent efficiency, so we offer the web client in six additional languages beyond English. With just a few mouse clicks, chat operators can choose to use the web client’s chat functionality in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, or Brazilian Portuguese.
- All data transferred from the BoldChat's Web application to BoldChat's servers is encrypted over an https connection secured by a high-grade 128-bit encryption.
The web-based client is meant to be an alternative to the desktop desktop Operator Client, not a full replacement. The web application provides core functionality, including the tools needed to manage chats, visits, canned messages, alerts and operators. However, some functionality such as administrative tasks, setup, reporting and customization must be configured or accessed from the desktop application.
|Feature||Web Client||.NET desktop Operator Client (All features, including Premier and Enterprise-only)|
|Active browser sharing with form fill||yes|
|Automatic chat distribution/load balancing||yes||yes|
|Customizable operator alerts||yes||yes|
|Customizable operator UI||yes||yes|
|Customizable buttons and windows||yes||yes|
|Manual proactive chat invitations||yes||yes|
|Passive browsing sharing||yes|
|Personal canned message library||yes||yes|
|Proactive invitation setup||yes|
|Real-time visitor history||yes||yes|
|Real-time visitor monitoring||yes||yes|
|Reporting engine and scheduler||yes||yes|
|Sale Recovery Technology||yes|
|Searchable canned messages||yes||yes|
|Searchable chat history||yes||yes|
|Single sign-on support||yes||yes|