Advanced features for chat window customization
Advanced customization options provide further flexibility to design and script your chat windows.
- Branding variables conform to the [nonexistent] scheme. Tip: As a general rule, variable names reflect the name of the corresponding key. For example, you can refer to the Header Font Color key with the header_font_color variable.
- Key chaining
- Variables can be chained if a key needs to inherit the value of another key. Working with key chains is helpful to avoid inconsistent color or text usage and simplify the customization process. Note: Key inheritance is limited to a certain number of levels due to performance considerations, usually around four.
- Window and frame objects
- Every layered chat window comprise a window and a frame object with different scopes.
- A chat window object is a container element that controls the window object of the host page, in which the chat window is embedded.
- A chat frame object is the window object of the innermost iFrame, in which the chat runs.
- Image format
- When linking to external images, you can use the following HTTP protocol formats:
- http:// for standard pages without HTTPS security
- https:// for secure pages
- http(s):// to automatically detect the appropriate protocol
- Color format
- All standard CSS and HTML color representations are supported:
- Hex color codes, such as #FFFFFF (preferred)
- Color strings, such as red or black
- RGB color scheme: rgb(r, g, b)
- RGBA color scheme: rgba(r, g, b, a) (discouraged)